Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Ely Library at Westfield State University
Help and Information
Ask a Librarian
Here are a few tips that will help you ensure your searching is as effective as possible.
- You will have greater success if you put phrases in quotation marks.
- Most databases will let you choose the type of publication you need, such as magazines, newspapers, or scholarly journals.
- Look for an advanced search option. It will often provide you with additional options to refine your search for most relevant results.
- If you do not see a link to the full-text in the database, click the "Journal Title A to Z" link on the Ely Library Home Page to search for the journal.
- If we do not have online access to an article, we can get it for you through Interlibrary Loan.
This text is based on the following guide from Wofford University: https://libguides.wofford.edu/medicalhumanities
Encyclopedia of Lifestyle Medicine and Health
Publication Date: 2011
These three volumes help the reader to discern sound, evidence-based advice from that which is merely fad. The volumes incorporate health psychology, communication, public policy and health promotion, and disease prevention, among others.
Use QuickSearch to locate print and electronic books at Westfield State University.